|By GovIT News||
|October 1, 2009 02:15 PM EDT||
Tactical Cloud Computing is a technology branch referring to the use of cloud computing technology and techniques for the support of localized and short-lived information access and processing requirements.
Register Now For This Panel FREE with Coupon Code (First 50 registrations): VIPguest
At SYS-CON's 1st Annual Government IT Conference & Expo in Washington DC on October 6, 2009, there will be a "Tactical Cloud Computing" Panel, to be simulcast on SYS-CON.TV, in which speakers from Unisys, SAIC and Lockheed Martin will be discussing possible and already existing use cases with GovIT Expo technical chair Kevin L. Jackson, who will be moderating.
"Defense, homeland security and law enforcement organizations are looking to leverage this new and exciting IT capability," says Jackson, who explains that possible use cases might include any or all of the following:
- “Cloudbursting” to support cyclic data processing requirements
- Establishing a cloud-based collaboration environment in order to coordinate firefighting resources during a wildfire
- Virtually binding shipboard IT infrastructures in order to create a battlegroup infrastructure-as-a-service platform
- Virtually binding land vehicle based servers and storage resources into a battlefield data center
- Dynamic provisioning of virtual cloud-based servers in order to automate exploitation and dissemination of unmanned air vehicle (UAV) streaming video feeds
About the Panelists:
Melvin B. Greer - Lockheed Martin
Melvin Greer is Senior Research Engineer, SOA/Cloud Computing Chief Architect, and Director SOA Competency Center, Lockheed Martin, Advanced Technologies Office. With over 20 years of systems and software engineering experience, he is a recognized expert in Service Oriented Architecture and Cloud Computing. He functions as a principal investigator in advanced research studies. In addition to his professional and investment roles, Greer is a Certified Enterprise Architect, Fellow and Adjunct Faculty at the Federal Enterprise Architects Institute, and a member of the International Monetary Fund / World Bank, Bretton Woods Committee. He is a frequent speaker at conferences and universities and is an accomplished author - Software as A Service Inflection Point, Using Cloud Computing to Achieve Business Agility is his most recently published book.
Kartik Mecheri - Unisys
Kartik Mecheri is the Chief Technologist for a large government contract and works for Unisys Federal Division. He is a leader in designing transformational modernization strategies building on enterprise SOA, BPMS, and asset re-use. He has over 10 years experience working with large federal systems modernization. As chief technologist and thought leadership he is responsible for providing senior government agency officials consultative advice related to the latest technologies to enable them to take advantage of the benefits experienced with emerging technologies. As a member of the Unisys consulting team he has also led large government agencies in the challenge of implementing Service Orientated Architecture and other latest technologies in adopting enterprise wide architecture solutions. He has a Masters in Engineering.
About the Moderator:
Kevin L. Jackson - Dataline
Kevin Jackson is the Director Business Development for Dataline, LLC, the Tech Chair of 1st Annual GovIT Expo and the author of “Cloud Musings”, a blog dedicated to government cloud computing. His previous positions include Strategic Computer Solutions VP, IBM Worldwide Sales Executive and JP Morgan Chase VP. Mr. Jackson has a BS in Aerospace Engineering, a MA in National Security & Strategic Studies and a MS in Computer Engineering.
- DevOps Loses Its Religion | @CloudExpo #AI #ML #IoT #FinTech #Blockchain
- Bad PR Might Sink #ArtificialIntelligence | @CloudExpo #BigData #AI #ML #DL
- Finding Transformational Success by Ignoring Labels | @CloudExpo #Agile #DigitalTransformation
- Digital Transformation: Not Because It’s Easy, But Because It’s Hard | @CloudExpo #IoT #M2M #AI
- Surviving #DigitalTransformation Fatigue | @CloudExpo #Agile #SOA #AI #ML
- Times of Digital Disruption | @CloudExpo #IoT #AI #ML #DigitalTransformation
- The Top 150 Players in Cloud Computing
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Cloud Computing Expo 2009 West: Call for Papers Now Closed
- Cloud Expo Europe 2009 in Prague: Themes & Topics
- Cloud Expo New York Call for Papers Now Open
- The Top 100 Bloggers on Cloud Computing
- Top 50 Bloggers on Cloud Computing
- The Cloud Computing Kettle Heats Right Up
- Industry Experts Discuss the State of Cloud Computing
- The Five Characteristics of Cloud Computing